Monday, February 17, 2014

Jealous with my Best Friend? Nope!..mostly! (right? ..right.)

     "Best Friends are hard aren't they? So hard.. right now I'm going through some serious things with mine.. We used to be really close, then I don't really know what happened. We're trying to fix things up now but we live about 40 minuets away from each other and Facebook messages just aren't working.. *sigh* I feel like God is trying to grow us and we aren't responding very well. Life can be so so hard sometimes..."

     I wrote that a few weeks ago then decided that I didn't even know what to say about anything in that situation, I was just confused. I still am, but I think it's starting to clear up.. I realize that God gives friends, and He takes away friends. Who are we to take away? That's God's job. If He has a new friend for you, wonderful! but that doesn't mean you get to decide who gets cut out of the deal, that part is up to Him. This also goes for those of us who are heart broken right now, desperately clinging onto those friends who seem like they're leaving us. It can be so SO hard to let them go! You think "I KNOW we are best friends! I want her she's mine! " and more selfish thoughts about it.. After this stage we start to feel guilty because we know that we aren't "in charge" of our friend's life, but those ugly feelings of jealousy and green-ness tend to creep up on us again. "ugh!: you think "why is life such a mess?! I don't understand!" I've said and felt these feelings so many times myself that I can't even count! 

     

    Maybe it a guy who's coming between you two. Maybe all of a sudden your friend has gotten a fella, and now her life revolves around him instead of you.. She's twitter-paitted and you're working on holding back "punch-a-wall" feelings. You probably understand, "after all," you tell yourself "this is someone who she could end up spending the rest of her life with- I need to be considerate and even happy for her that she's so into spending time with him and thinking about him.." but you know that you're still upset! You're still mad about the fact that you're REALLY loosing her-TO A GUY. It's a tough thing to face!
     

     Friends have to be one of the most complicated topics of all of a teenage girl's life! And I mean GOOD friends. I never ever in a million billion trillion (idk if that's even a real number) years thought that I could have too many incredible friends, but I think I might! lol!
      I love my girls, my friends whom I can talk to about anything and everything. They are more precious than anything in the world to me, but they get jealous of each other.. I hate that! I want to just love them all, and I want them to be okay with that! I want to just have permission to tell them all everything or anything I want to, not to have things "only for this person." It just creates so much drama. 
     I have one who doesn't get jealous, well, she never showed it anyway. haha :) (maybe she has been but just worked through it because she knew it was silly.) All I can say is that she's amazing!!! Seriously, I could NOT. I get so jealous over nothing, it's ridiculous. 
     I have come to a wonderful realization.. that that intense jealousy just means that they sincerely love me. That's an amazing thought, isn't it? But girls, we're getting it all wrong...      How do you show your best friend that she means the world to you? By NOT getting intensely jealous. Does this sound close to impossible? I sure thought so! But please girls, TRY it! talk to each other, communicate, but don't yell. try not getting upset. Don't pry into things and ask questions like "so... how long did you two skype?" ( because you know that it was over 2 hours and YOU haven't skyped with her for 4 days!) Show some trust! Show her love by not showing her you want everything (meaning every once and drop of love and time)  she's got! 

     Just like we want a guy to respect our space, our morals, and our time with our family and friends, we want our friends to respect our other time with other friends! Seriously, who wants just one friend? 
     When you have so many girls who confide in you, so many that you love so much, you (of course) want to tell them things too! you want quality time / bonding time with them as well. Your friend wants the same thing. Don't let your friendship be hurt because you are too scared to let it grow! Let your special friend go so she can grow and so you can grow. So that you two will have someone there when the other can't be there- it can become a beautiful work of God's art of you let him mold your friendships into something even better and more amazingly exquisite than they already were! Just give HIM the reigns. tell him "Lord, I give this to you, please help me to let you grow us.. please help me to let her go, and let her grow."          And remember girls, They aren't gonna leave you! 


Just because they made a new friend doesn't mean that you aren't there anymore, or that you aren't just as loved as you always were. Think about it this way- would you leave them? no! If they do leave you then they certainly aren't a real friend at all! If you believe she loves you and cares about you, let her see that you trust her! 
 
     So today, I challenge my lovely ladies of God to give a good hug to that one friend who's bugging them right now, send her a super amazing facebook message or E-mail her, or tell her that you love her and would trust her with your life. Do something without mentioning that other somebody's name. Basically, show her that you trust her in some way,shape, or form! You know your friends and you know the perfect way to do that, I'm just challenging you to do it, cuz it IS a challenge. haha believe me I know!
~you don't have to be sitting my her to know that she'll never leave you~

I care about each and everyone of you! <3 God bless you and always remember that I'm your sister and I'm here for you! (amiraforgod@yahoo.com or amiraforgod@gmail.com)

      ~ Ella Amira ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment